- Nights at the Colosseum You’re in luck: now is the time to visit the Colosseum by night, with entry between 8pm to midnight until October.
- Caracalla after dark The Caracalla Roman Baths are also offering night tours of their underground areas until the end of September, from 7.45-11pm.
- Nights at the Vatican The Vatican Museums open late every Friday evening (7-11pm to 25 October), with musical accompaniment.
- Lucien Freud & Francis Bacon The beautiful Renaissance Choistro del Bramante will host a major exhibition, featuring paintings by Freud and Bacon, as well as Frank Auerbach and Paula Rego, from 26 September until 23 February 2020.
- Nero’s Transitoria Nero’s restored palace, predating his Domus Aurea (Golden House) is open to the public, via guided tour, for the first time after a 10-year restoration.
- Campagna Amica Market Rome’s finest farmers’ market takes place 10.30am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday by Circus Maximus: head here for the best olives, honey, truffle oil and more.